Thursday, May 15, 2008

Removing Plague With Oral Gel

Hi,

During one of my visits to our regular pet shop, I found this Oral Care Gel sitting at the cashier counter and I thought I will have a go at it since I noticed that some plague have accummulated on Ruby's, my Corgi, teeth.

Here is a photo of the Oral Gel that I am referring to ....





Here is an image from their website at http://www.petzlife.com/




There have gel and spray in different flavours. I bought salmon flavour for my dogs. I think spray could be difficult to apply.

Jack my Beagle does not like me brushing his teeth so I used it on Ruby my corgi instead.

After a few applications, I managed to scrap off some tartar from Ruby's front tooth ( the sharp tooth ) as it has soften or loosen up the plague. So it definitely worked.

I will post a video on how I brush this gel on Ruby's teeth using my finger.

Of course, I am sure that there are other similar oral care gel etc.... in the market but I have some success with this particular oral gel so you may just want to check it out or look for similar gels.

Good luck ....

David

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have been using the Oral Care Gel mainly with a finger brush. Henry still has quite a bit of tartar. Wish I could see the tartar pop off! I also have begun brushing his teeth in the morning and again before bed. Tartar removal is a slow process. Henry is a mid sized long haired daschund and VERY patient with me.

David Poh said...

Hi,

Just lots of patience and co-operation from our dogs too.

I recently managed to scrap some tartar with my fingernail after applying some gel on it. The gel is to soften the tartar for ease of removal either through manual scrapping or maybe when they chew on something hard.

I manage to take a photo of it so I will be posting it soon.

Hang in there...

Regards,

David

Chris said...

Wow I 'll get me som,e of this my vet quote 400$ to get my westie's teeth back to white and then easier to maintain she called it a clean slate..I thought this is too rich for my blood so I started searching, i was already brushing her teeth, the bones worked but the other dogs often steal them from her so I found a small dental pick and bought a regular rotating tooth brush also...tonight big chunks of tartar fell off after scraping and then I brushed and got the gums back to pink instead of inflamed....I'll keep it up at least the clean slate is my doing at a fraction of the cost...