Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Brushing Your Dog Teeth & Special Treats

Hi,

When I have Jack the Beagle, we were more concern about him eating well and getting accustomed to our family and environment, getting his shots etc.... and never really thought about his dental care.

But as we shopped for treats, we came across some treats that claimed to have tartar control capability so we bought such treats for Jack and Ruby too. Today, we still buy them such treats.

I saw a dog toothpaste in a petshop and bought it together with a special finger brush, refer to the photo below. Jack does not like to have his teeth brushed and I also found it difficult to stick my finger into his mouth especially when he is not co-operating. So I stopped brushing his teeth and rely on those special treats.

BTW, you cannot use human toothpaste on your dog as the dog toothpaste is specially formulated and remember that the dog does not know how to gargle his mouth and spit the toothpaste. Instead, the dog will lick and swallow the dog toothpaste. That is why you cannot use human toothpaste on your dog!



Honestly, these treats were not very effective as the plague or tartar slowly accummulated and it became more obvious as the years went by.....
I was talking to my buddy who is another dog lover and was with me when I bought Jack and he suggested that I try ..........

Wait for my next post...

David

No comments: